28.6.06

farewell dinner de antemano

here we all are, el equipo eleanor, or the nimrodettes as some care to call us ;) that's eleanor, one of the coolest ladies i know, in the back with sherri, whose laugh i will miss most of all... in front is bita, who despises vegan brownies and canned fruit, and jo, who despite leading a parallel life to mine in central america, i had never met before coming to haifa... and me, grinning ear to ear cuz i finally managed to get all of us in one photo (it was quite a feat-- the batteries were dying and the waiter took the shot without really warning us... good thing we're all smiley people all the time anyway!)
*
so we had sherri and my farewell dinner last night, even though we have about a month left til we leave, because between bita and jo's upcoming vacations, this is the last week all four nimrodettes will be in town... so eleanor took us out to eat at a tresfancy restaurant where, in my adventurous spirit, i had "mallard with cinnamon sauce", which the waiter described as a cross between a duck and a goose. hmm. it didn't taste like fowl, but the sauce was good :D
*
i don't want to think about how much i'll miss them when i go... or how much i haven't learned form eleanor yet (sage that she is)... sigh.
*
twas a really really nice night ! when i came home, though, i learned ghana had lost, even though brazil hadn't even played that well... grr... and that patrik had had a strange awkward unfair runin with a taxi driver, which left him in a foul mood... but even so, there were flowers waiting for me when i got home. though i think, in all fairness, maybe i should have brought him some!
*
tonight is another departure seminar thingy by the office of personnel.. i guess leaving haifa is traumatizing to most? so far the only stressful part of leaving is not knowing where we'll be going... but only two more weeks til we know...
*
p.s. click on the pic to enlarge-- happy smiling faces must be seen in their fullness! ;)

4 comments:

Sofia said...

I can't believe Eleanor let you take a picture of her!!! I tried so hard when I was there but she stuck to her guns and said no!! But she promised me when she was in Chicago next time to see her sister that she would take a picture with me. I told her I would remember that :) I LOVE Eleanorrrrr!!! What a smart lady! And she always has everything so under control, which is amazing considering her work load. Looks like you guys had a blast :) Can't wait til you guys find out where you'll end up in the world! Keep us posted of course.

Samantha said...

we're going to have some issues when you come back and wear all the same shirts as me! a mallard is a duck... and why nimrodettes?

love you!

Diane said...

The change it's hard, but not impossible... At least you'll have the joy to go to the life after Haifa with Patrick...
I remember Eleanor,when I would go to the second floor to lock all the doors, she was still there...
nimrodettes?????
I send you a big hug...
Diane

leila said...

carolina,

i LOVE this picture, and i can show you how to remove redeye in pics, if you'd like.

love from leial